VoIP phone systems- 5 reasons to make the move.
If you haven’t already considered a VoIP phone system for your business, now is the time to start thinking about making the move. If you are using traditional analogue telephony (ISDN), the switch-off date for BT’s network is getting closer, meaning it is no longer a question of if you move, but when you move. Businesses who have already adopted VoIP for their communications may have initially done so as they wanted to take advantage of the cost savings against ISDN, but soon realise that VoIP comes with a host of other benefits. Here’s our top five reasons to acquire a VoIP phone system for your business.
1) Agility: A cloud based or VoIP system can do wonders for your business’ responsiveness and productivity.Features like IVR and time of day routing can help your employees be more responsive and give your customers a better experience as they are not kept waiting and get through to the right person straight away.
2) Flexibility: With a traditional phone system you often pay for unused lines and capacity. One of the biggest advantage of an Internet based system is the ability to scale up with ease as your business grows.
3) Streamlining and simplicity: Having a hosted phone system means you won’t need bulky equipment onsite. You’ll immediately save on installation and hardware costs, and as the Service Provider looks after the system on their network, they manage the upkeep and are responsible for ensuring maximum efficiency.
4) Mobility: With VoIP your system and phone numbers follow you if you move. More importantly you can access the system from anywhere with reliable Internet, meaning you and your remote workers are connected wherever you are.
5) Future Readiness: Technology is constantly evolving and the world of telecommunications is no exception. VoIP will continue to evolve, but the great thing about services that reside in the cloud is that your system is automatically enabled for upgrades. Your business enjoys the latest version or release with minimal disruption, and you are not left with an obsolete piece of equipment to write off and get rid of.